View Single Post

Old 03-14-2018, 09:18 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

There are many variables in choosing a retirement community. If you are a young retiree (arbitrarily 60 or less), healthy and active your choices are practically limitless. I was 58 years old when I took early retirement offered by my employer. We all have a story. Some more interesting that others. I won’t bore you but suffice it to say we didn’t end up in The Villages by accident. We lived in two other retirement communities prior to moving to The Villages in March 2006. The last twelve years have been better than we could have imagined. We still own two homes. I know it’s not for everyone but works for us.

I have only read about Stone Creek. However, I believe the community is similar to our first two retirement communities. IMHO there is no place like The Villages. We have it all, and most everything is golf cart assessable. Of course, no place is perfect and neither is The Villages. The areas medical facilities and medical personnel are severly overwhelmed. Area leaders are aware and I’m confident they are working diligently to improve the situation as noted in the recent announcement of the building of a large new medical speciality clinic near Brownwood in The Villages.