View Single Post

Old 03-20-2018, 08:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
RE: PHONE CALL
You have no proof what so ever-your word vs the other party. You should send a return receipt letter disputing this charge.
RE: CREDIT CARD COMPANY
It is truly easy to file a dispute and withhold payment.
If, as you explain the company has kept half of your deposit, Putting a hold on the payment will cost them the original credit card costs-guess 2% plus the cost of the return funds to you-guess 2% so they loose 4%.
RE: ANY DISCUSSION ON SUCH AN ISSUE
You want to ask to speak to a manager. In this case you can probably find the name of the OWNER and politely but forcefully request they refund your money. Too often the person who picks up the phone-DOES NOT HAVE THE POWER DO DO ANYTHING.

FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE DO NOT FIGHT-DO NOT KNOW HOW TO FIGHT AND THE COMPANY KNOWS THIS.

SMALL CLAIMS COURT COSTS YOU LIKE $14 TO START A CASE. IF THE COMPANY IS A CORPORATION THEY WILL NEED TO SEND AN ATTORNEY AT A COST OF 2-300 AN HOUR.

I've been to small claims TWICE in my life. BOTH TIMES I WON AND COLLECTED.
You really are going to extremes for no more than $66 less court costs..you must have alot more time on you hands than most of us! If a call to the credit card company does not work, its probably not worth your time and effort.