Thread: Down to 3
View Single Post

Old 03-22-2018, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,975 Times in 2,481 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
You do have to agree that the quality of the food choices in the Villages is limited. I have usually been able to find a go to really good place to eat most everywhere in the world. But that is just not true here. There are some OK places, and places I will go back to, but for the most part they are mediocre at best. And yet I can travel outside the Villages for say 30 miles or less and find several good places. Several steps above what we have here.

I have heard all the reasons why this is so, but none of them seem to be the true root cause. And I don't know what the real problem is, but there has to be some common problem to have over a 100 restaurants in a "city" and none of them are a standout. Any other comparable size place with that many places to eat will always have several really good places.
I've only found couple eating establishments in Florida worth going back and there not around here. For me Food and fruit tastes like (fill in the blanks) Down here. Good thing my wifes good cook or I would thinner that Twiggy?