View Single Post

Old 03-22-2018, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I am very familiar with the French and their acceptance of dogs in restaurants, etc as I worked in France for awhile.. Before you accept it as a good thing you may want to consider that in some restaurants they allow the dogs to eat off of the same plates used for diners, although not really fun to talk about they actually smell in the restaurant where you are eating. In net it is not a healthy practice to allow the animal to share dining spaces. We had a dog for many years and loved him but did not lose track that he/she did not share the same health issues as a human.
I really like dogs but don't pretend they are human. Or worse, just because I believe they should do things does not mean they like to do them.
I have never seen that in France and question whether the dog was up at the table licking off the plate or they put the plate down on the floor. Then ran it through their washing machine.

My answer to whoever said boo to comparing USA to France--that's exactly the point. Europe has been allowing it for years, with no problems.