View Single Post

Old 03-23-2018, 10:49 AM
Angry Deans Broken Promises - Ineffective Lawn Service

Over 3 years ago we contracted with Deans to provide fertilizing and weed control service at our new home. At the start we did not live full time in TV and whenever we returned we were displeased with the condition of our lawn compared to our neighbors. Deans technicians told us to water more; to water less; to aerate the lawn; to apply topsoil in low areas; to install a French drain system and we did all of these things. Eventually as full-time residents we watched our lawn progressively deteriorate but believed Deans when they offered promises and solutions. Now, as lawns are coming out of dormancy and our neighbors’ lawns are turning green again, ours is worse than ever. A manager recently came out to see the lawn and promised “special” treatments every two weeks until the lawn improved – that only happened once. We were told our regular lawn treatment would take place by mid-March – that never happened. We were told that the technician should have put through a request for special treatments after seeing the lawn condition in January – that never happened. And after calling Deans again this morning, another technician came out and had the nerve to say that the “free special services get pushed back when Dean’s is short staffed” and that I need to be "educated about lawn and soil conditions." (I thought we hired them so that we didn't need to be knowledgeable about such things.) I asked for the manager (Dustin) and the VP (Trent) to call back -- hopefully that will happen.
Since Deans has been the only landscaper to provide lawn services on this property they did not inherit problems from another company. Our lawn’s condition is the result of their services and it is their responsibility to fix it. I know that such a successful company has satisfied customers but it also seems such large companies also don't see the value of an individual customer. Out of absolute frustration I am sharing our experiences and offering documenting photos to anyone who is interested (photos too large to upload). If Deans does improve our lawn’s condition I will be thrilled to post those pictures and share my satisfaction. Until then – buyer beware.