View Single Post

Old 03-25-2018, 03:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineerman View Post
My wife and I have done extensive research in the are of The Villages as far as relocating to the area. I read something this morning that might be of interest to others considering moving to The Villages. The proximity of the Coleman Federal Prison came up on one of our searches. I have eliminated any possibility of purchasing a home in The Villages. For those of you that are not puzzled that the home prices are continuing to rise I wonder if you acted impulsively or just are not aware of the location of the prison.
You just kind of called us to stupid to know better, that there is a prison nearby. Some here may be older, some hard of hearing, and some sight impaired, but I assure you we know exactly where we bought and smile all the way to the bank when homes sell In less than a week.
So if you have any new information that might be really informative to the residents who live here feel free to post. In the mean time you might want to try Solivita community. It is many miles away from the prison, and since you have ruled out TV it could be a good fit for you.