View Single Post

Old 03-31-2018, 01:03 AM
Sage

Pre-QT carts from "Carts and Clubs" in Ocala tend to be quieter than pre-QT carts from "The Villages Golf Cart Store" because they packed sound deadening material around the engine. QT carts from either location will be quieter than any pre-QT carts. I am not sure you will sense a difference in sound levels between a pre-QT EFI and a pre-QT carb cart from the same location - the noise level is a function of the exhaust system and sound deadening material in the engine compartment. You will have a larger selection of carts to choose from (and at lower prices) if you go with a carb cart because the youngest EFI will be a 2013. I believe Yamaha continued to make both carb and EFI carts through 2015 (or 2016) but pretty much anything newer will be EFI (including all the QT carts, although their website continues to indicated they still offer carb carts).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Moving to TV in a couple of weeks. Looking for a good second hand starter cart. I'm fairly familiar with the carb carts. But, is the EFI Yamaha quieter than the carb and the EFI QT quieter still? Or is the QT really the only one that is significantly quieter? I know the EFI should probably do better on fuel and run better in varying weather conditions but just curious if they are also noticeably quieter at all or not much difference?

Last edited by biker1; 03-31-2018 at 01:13 AM.