View Single Post

Old 03-31-2018, 02:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. The TV in question is actually hard wired to the receiver via a fiber optic cable and the receiver is hard wired via an HDMI gold cable so I would guess that is not the issue. I will give Comcast a call soon as I have an idle couple hours to deal with them via phone.

I did run the speed test and I think it is lower then in the past. I did write down the results someplace from about two years ago and need to find that to compare.

It just seems strange that for 6 years I have never seen that message and now for two weeks see it most every time I try to use NetFlix or Amazon. I actually see it more with Amazon then NetFlix.
As a side note, you could run a Speed Test 20 times a day, and get different results each time. It depends on the server the test is pinging. In addition, Wi-Fi and Ethernet connections now days aren't a whole lot different than one another like a few years ago. Point is, you should able to watch Netflix and Amazon just fine from your TV, either using wifi or ethernet.