View Single Post

Old 04-01-2018, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Really? That was not meant to be derogatory towards anyone. My intent was to ask if people feel like they are able to participate in the full experience while being disconnected by golf cart. It was not to imply that if you live in Fenney you aren't a real villager. That is all I will say about the comment and will not respond to anyone else putting words in my mouth. Maybe we can just start with - if you do not currently live in Fenney, then this post is not directed to you so please don't bother responding. I may be new to this forum but I am not new to forums in general. I'm well aware of the trolls that want to stir up stuff that doesn't exist.
Since you had just walked into this room, this forum, you weren't aware of the characters in the play. I don't live in Fenney, but I have heard criticism of where WE chose to build here in The Villages, in our second house. There have been a lot of jabs and put downs toward Fenney and I feel protective of the real people who chose to live there. I feel the great prices offered to these pioneers will make them smile if they decide like we did to move to another new home in The Villages, and sell the one they had.

I played a lot of nine hole golf here and part of the fun was the long golf cart ride to the courses. I think I would miss that. I don't live in Fenney, but it is really nice and has all of the attributes of other new villages in THE Villages including happy and outgoing and friendly villagers, and lovely homes and well kept green spaces.

Pretty soon it will be connected to the contiguous Villages. Pretty soon it will have the commercial venues closer. Pretty soon folks who like to put down others and their choices will find another target. We are who we are. You can't put lipstick on a pig. Or gild a lily.

P.S. One thing for sure it has a LOT of Churches nearby.

Happy Easter, or Passover to you. You will love it here, OP.