View Single Post

Old 04-01-2018, 07:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Here is my issue with all hard enclosures. You need those sliding and folding doors about 1 month and another half dozen times for rain. But you need the wide open air that a Sunbrella enclosure provides the other 11 months. I will roll my sides up and down a dozen times a year to get the open air breeze for the 11 months I need it vs having not enough air flow from a hard enclosure for the 9 or 10 months when it's hot.

I play golf year round in a large group. The few that have the different hard enclosure don't want to use them in the summer because it is just to hot inside them. And that lasts for 3 or 4 months. Where the roll up is required down only about 1 month.

I will agree that a hard enclosure is nice when it starts raining and you can secure it in a few seconds where it takes me a few minutes, but having the fully open sides for a much longer time for me is worth those extra few minutes
Actually, having owned both now I can say that there is almost negligible difference in air flow compared to sunbrellas... when the hard cab doors are open.

While I was reluctant at first to get a Curtis Cab because I had heard the same thing...my wife insisted we get one with doors.

I have never regretted it...and will never own another one without a hard door.

Being able to quickly close the doors when caught in a rainstorm, or cold weather, and not hassle with rolling/snapping the plastic ones constantly...is a huge convenience.

In addition, you don't have to listen to the plastic whipping and snapping...while driving when cold or in a storm.

I tend to smile every time I pass someone who chose not to bother to lower their sumbrella for that quick shower...and they look like a drowned rat as they pass by.

My next cart will have the sliding type though, as they offer a lot more flexibility in being able to close just part of a door when so desired.

Different strokes though.