View Single Post

Old 04-01-2018, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,314 Times in 825 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Only if the Yankees are playing but this thread isn't about sports watching, it's more about what players do between pitches. IMHO

If one is a Tampa Rays fan, Dish covers almost all of their games on channel 412.
The between pitches thing is why I stopped watching years ago. It must be 90% of the time it takes to play a game. Nothing has changed except the size and clarity of my TV screen.
I settle down in front of my 60 inch HD beauty in my man cave. Got a bowl of ice cream with maple syrup on top. Can't get better than this (at my age).
Picture gets ball and fiddles with it in his glove. Camera zooms in but my new TV amazes me, I can count the stitches on the threads. Picture stares at catcher. Shakes head, no. Pitcher looks to first base, stare down. Pitcher looks back at catcher. Fiddles ball inside glove again. Looks like we are going to do it. No pitcher throws ball to first base. Now pitcher keeps touching brim of hat before starting the whole routine again. Here it comes again but wait pitcher seems to be stalling a bit more than normal and the batter steps out of the box. My TV working perfect I can even count the whiskers on the batters three day old unshaven face. Batter steps back in box, umpire motions for pitcher to throw in ball for examination. Umpire looks at something gives ball to catcher to throw back to pitcher. Routine starts again. Looking good. Pitcher stares at ground with a TV camera closeup and there it is - he curls his tongue up and heaves a honker so vivid it appears to be in 3D with a force that could knock a buzzard off a s--t wagon at 100 ft. Totally ruined my ice cream sundae. Pitch was wide outside. Let's do it again. I switched to the golf channel.