Thread: Paraday
View Single Post

Old 04-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Sage

I have been to a few of their seminars. I did not find the content particularly deep and it is clearly aimed at making people comfortable with the organization (but I am always looking for detailed presentations). They bring in a fair number of guest speakers. They primarily sell annuities and insurance but also have a financial advisor business at what I believe is an above typical percentage fee. The commissions on annuities can be pretty attractive and that can fund a lot of efforts to attract even more new business. I suspect they are pretty good at analysis of your financial situation and showing you that annuities will be appropriate. The real question is do you want to use annuities and insurance - there are other options. Their chocolate chip cookies are pretty tasty. I am not a customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDog View Post
I have noticed a lot of newspaper ads for this company as well as billboards. This has got to cost a pretty penny. I was playing golf with a person who had on a Paraday visor and shirt. I asked her how they could afford all those ads. She said they had many clients so could afford it. How many can they have when they are just a local company? She also told me that those seminars are free for attendees.

I do not have any investments with this company and if I did I would be a little concerned where they were getting all this money for those ads. Just curious.

John