View Single Post

Old 04-02-2018, 10:54 AM
Default Neighborhood League questions

I'm moving down to TV as a permanent resident in a couple of weeks. I'm renting a CYV in Dunedin for a few months while I search for a new home. One of the things I'm most excited about is the opportunity to play ball again as I am from a very rural area that abandoned adult softball leagues years ago. I'm calling my move "pre-tirement" as I still work full time but am able to work from my home. So, I'm not yet sure if I could work out participating in the rec leagues with games being held on weekdays. I have a few questions, if you all don't mind, about how to get into a neighborhood league.

I guess, first, what is the process for getting in? Do I sign up for tryout/evaluation at a softball complex or rec center or something?

Would I be able to get in in the middle of a "season" or do I need to wait for one to start?

Is it worth trying to get in relative to the neighborhood I'm renting in, or wait until I have a permanent neighborhood? Or maybe a better way to ask is - what is the process if you start in one neighborhood but you move to another during a season?