View Single Post

Old 04-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Sage

Yes, you must go through the evaluation process regardless of which leagues(s) you wish to play in. As soon as you finish the evaluation, you can become a priority sub (since you haven't had a chance to hook up with a team). Generally, your first opportunity to hook up with a team will be at the beginning of the next season. There are 3 seasons each year.

The evaluators will look at your fielding, hitting, throwing, and running skills (I don't think they want you running too hard as it leads to injuries but I believe they want to see how mobile you are). You will have the opportunity to express which position you prefer and the fielding drills will be directed to those positions (i.e. fly balls for the outfield, ground balls for infield positions). I found the process to be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiots View Post
Thanks for the link. So, it sounds like the initial process is the same, regardless of what league someone wants to play in? And, after completion of evaluation, you are eligible to sign up to be a sub in that league/level until the next season or draft rounds begin?

The evaluation process appears to be thorough/extensive, which I have no problem with. Can anyone provide an idea of what skills and drills are used during the evaluation process? Other than the general obvious things - throw, catch, hit?