Thread: TOTV Access
View Single Post

Old 04-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I think (MHO) that Comcast is having their own internal server problems. I few months ago this was very bad, to the point that we lost everything for 2.5 days, then magically 2 hours before the tech was to arrive, everything (phone, internet, TV) all started working.

At the time and during a prior service disruption reference was made to the conversion of the internet to IpV6 from IpV4. All of your equipment in your house and existing equipment is IpV4 when you connect to the "Internet" it uses the new IpV6 protocol. There were some problems with the conversions of our internet address requests (IpV4) to the servers to convert to the new IpV6. Not sure if CL is having the same or similar problems that Comcast was having.

I will defer to others on this site with a lot more experience in this area, I know just enough to be dangerous.........
I stand with you. I know just enough to get in trouble. I have more confidence now than ever before but don't want to mess up our computers needlessly.