View Single Post

Old 04-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Sage

I agree with taking the trolley tour. It leaves from the sales office at lake sumter landing. Also nearby the sales office is a nice restaurant on the lake called the Lighthouse. I like the fish dinner. If it is a nice day sit out and enjoy the view over the lake. If you do rent a golf cart do yourself a favor and go to the apps section on your phone and buy the Villages Golf Cart GPS. It is cheap. It will really help you if you go exploring in the Villages. The bar at Mallory Country club is a lively place if you are looking to eat at a country club. The views from the patio are nice. City Fire in Sumter Landing is within walking distance of your hotel and is a lively place. I also enjoy eating outside at Johnny Rockets in Sumter Landing. I love their chocolate malts which they will split for you if you have a companion. You can actually eat outside at Johnny Rockets and listen to the band. If you are even vaguely thinking about buying a home here anytime in the future stop by the sales office and get an information packet. Not sure what they do now but they used to have a packet with a DVD to watch (it may be all on line now). The packet gives you info on home models and other info about living here.