View Single Post

Old 04-18-2018, 11:58 AM

I like to experiment with the Gluten Free pastas. There are many good brands. Try the Banza brand. It is made from chickpeas. Also Explore Cuisine makes a line of pasta such as Organic Green Lentil Penne, Edamame Spaghetti, and Adzuki bean spaghetti. POW has some as well as Felicia Organic which is Organic Green Pea Rotini. Trader Joe's has a black bean pasta. All Gluten Free! I am not too fond of Rice pasta. If you taste it right after you cook it, you may not like the taste. But trust me, just add some sauce, meatballs or sausage, steamed or roasted veggies and some spices and you will hardly know the difference. Plus these are all healthy, high in fiber and minimally processed. I am not Gluten free but I have tried the lifestyle in the past and right now have many gluten free foods in my pantry because I like the taste and the healthy options. Read labels on gluten free foods and stay away from tapioca starch, rice flour, potato flour and cornstarch which is just a filler and has no nutritional value, plus can raise blood sugars especially if diabetic or pre diabetic . They are basically "junk carbs"