Thread: The Joke Thread
View Single Post

Old 04-21-2018, 10:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
It occurred to me, that instead of always needing to start a separate thread to post a joke...maybe a stand-alone thread would work better.

So, I guess we'll see if folks find it easier just to post their jokes here...instead of always starting another thread.

I'll go first.

Stewart and his wife Penny celebrating fortieth years together. Their three children,all very successful, all agreed to a Saturday dinner in their honor.

“Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad” gushed son number one Marc, a cardiologist, “Sorry I’m running late. I had an emergency at the hospital with a patient, you know the rules, and didn’t have time to get you a gift.”

“Do not worry son! ” said Stewart, the important thing is that we’re all together today.”

Son number two Jamie, a lawyer, arrived and announced “You and Dad look great Mom”. I just flew in from Chicago between depositions and didn’t have time to shop for you”.

“Do not worry son!,” said Penny. “We’re glad you were able to come.”

Just then the daughter Eliza,a marketing executive, arrived. “Hello and Happy Anniversary! I’m sorry but my boss is sending me out of town and I was really busy packing, so I didn’t have time to get you anything.”

After they finished dinner, Stewart said, “There’s something your mother and I have wanted to tell you for a long time.You see, we were very poor. But we worked hard, we were able to send each of you to university. Throughout the years your mother and I knew we loved each other very much, but we just never found the time to get married.”

The three children were bewildered and all said, “You mean we’re bastards?”

“Yes,” said Stewart, “and cheap ones too!”

Very Good .... 5 Laughs