Thread: Hello Fenney
View Single Post

Old 05-08-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmbluk View Post
We just purchased a lot in Desoto. Coming in May to pick what we want in our new home. I do have a question. We currently live on a golf course and own our own electric golf cart. What do I need to do to our cart so we can drive on the paths and streets in TV. I am sure this has probably been ask before but I could not find it on this site. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Most carts in TV have lights, turn signals, horn, brake lights, speedomoter, and full curtains for those sudden showers and storms. The curtains aren't a requirement of course. Not sure which of the other things are required or optional. The cart that is provided at my rental is a Villages Carts purchased cart and it doesn't have a speedometer on it.

The thing you may find challenging is that the speed limit for carts is 20mph. Anything above that and you can be ticketed and fined for operating an unlicensed vehicle. However, in many cases, anything below 20 and you could get runover. There are some villagers out there that have hotrod'd their carts to go above 20 and they don't bring a lot of patience into their retirement. I owned 2 electric carts before moving down here. Both were lifted with bigger tires and neither would go 20 without having some work done to them by an authorized dealer. Some do have electric carts here but it is a big place that is getting bigger and electric is becoming less practical the further you want to go. That won't be an issue in Fenney, though, for another year and a half when the golf cart trails, bridges, and tunnels connect Fenney to the rest of TV. An electric might be a good option for a second cart for making short and local runs or maybe a round of golf, but a gas cart is really the way to go here.