View Single Post

Old 05-08-2018, 02:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I can't find where I read this but it seems I remember it from somewhere with respect to equipment. Did I read that bats are provided for NHL teams? So, all I will need is a glove and some appropriate shoes?
The Neighborhood league you'll get a T-shirt and a hat from the manager and they'll charge your $20 to $30 depending on what they have spent. You provide your shoes (no metal spikes) and glove and batting gloves if you like, the leagues provides aluminum bats and balls and umpires. The teams will provide scorekeepers for the game played before your game, those will be part of the schedule given out at the beginning of the season. The manager will determine who scorekeeps, my last manager and his wife performed the scorekeeping everytime, they loved being at the ball park.

I played 15 seasons in a row of neighborhood league (there are 3 seasons of 14 games a year), from fall of '11 to summer of '16 I played and then I had to quit because of COPD. During that time I played for Calument Grove, Tamarind Grove, St. Charles and Ameila. Sometimes your village might have a level 5 and a level 3 team such as Tamarind Grove, but your rated level 4 like myself, so you would play for another village. During the summer when Tamarind Grove had a level 4 team we didn't have enough players that season, so I played two summers for St. Charles. When I first started Tamarind Grove didn't have a team at all since it was new, so I played for Calument Grove. There are many reasons to play for different teams.

Each league and each level of league will have a sheet you must fill out that is a different color. For example a neighborhood level 4 player will fill out a blue sheet. When you finish evaluation and find out your level, you will need to go to Saddlebrook Rec Center and in by the reception desk you'll find all the appropriate colored sheets, find the one for you and fill it out and put it in the box. The day after I filled mine out I had 3 managers call me the next day, 2 were Rec Managers that I wasn't even applying for and one was a neighborhood manager because he knew Tamarind Grove didn't have a team.