View Single Post

Old 05-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
From PGA dot com

And don't worry. Even though the Mickelson-Woods practice round was a sign for fans that their relationship had reached the point of friendship after years of perceived tension, Woods didn't let the chance to give Mickelson the needle.

"I was giving him a little bit of grief about that," Woods said that day. "The only thing that was missing was a tie."

"I just thought I'd give it a try," Mickelson said. "It's a stretchy fabric. It performs well, and I think it looks good."

Mickelson liked it so much, in fact, that Rovell's tweet actually played out. Mickelson recently signed a deal with Mizzen+Main and has played the first two rounds of the Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass this week -- alongside Woods and Rickie Fowler -- again wearing the banker-style, button-down dress shirt.

The fact that many in the golf world are taking some playful jabs at Mickelson's new look isn't lost on Lefty.
Do you remember when Tiger started wearing the Nike crew neck golf shirt. I was surprised. For years I was telling the golf team "collared" shirts only.
I followed the flow and owned a couple of the Nike crew neck golf shirts.
One day I walked in the pro shop to pay the green fees and the guy behind the counter, old school, said "collared" shirts only. Even though I showed him he was selling the crew neck golf shirt he would not let me play. I had an extra shirt in the car so I acquiesced.