View Single Post

Old 05-14-2018, 08:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Lightbulb Cell Consideration

I am not sure but not surpised there may be an AT&T Cell problem in some of the areas around The Villages, especially in the south end where all of the building is going on. A few years ago I was asked to collect the AT&T problems in the South area. I was successful in collecting about 400-500 residents with the problems and met with the Florida AT&T VP. At the meeting he brought his laptop and showed the areas of the Villages and some area beyond the Village territory. It graphically indicated which parts of the Village's were covered by cell towers and areas that needed more coverage. It indicated they were aware of the problems with some coverage problems. We also discussed that it takes about 18 months to get a tower when considering the Gov. Licenses, getting the property, building etc. The point of this is give some comfort that AT&T knows when they have a problem. Given the growth going on I would not be surprised that some area's are not or weak with coverage. As result of our meeting it was able to get them to discount boasters if some residents needed them at the time. Of course I do not work for or have any personal interest in AT&T. Just some feedback.