View Single Post

Old 09-03-2008, 01:37 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: What was your profession prior to retirement? This is really interesting.

Well, Sadly, I'm not retired yet.......I have 1035 more days to go...(less then 3 years).
Mel, I have a countdown clock as a dashboard widget on my Mac. ;D

I'm a Professional Firefighter and Medic for a small city in Western NY. I am also a NYS Certified Instructor for EMS....I enjoy teaching. I am also currently working towards my certification as a licensed professional home inspector.

My wife started staying home when the first baby came, with the intent of returning her job as an accountant and fiscal office manager for the local hospital, but instead stayed home to raise our 3 boys and help do renovation work on our homes.

We also have done a lot of renovation work, flipping, etc. We designed and built our own house here in NY, and are happiest with a tool in our hands. My wife can do electrical, plumbing, just about anything.......I don't know why she needs me around, just a masochist I guess. When I'm not doing work for other people, I try to get my own projects done.

We bought our home in The Plantation right down the road from you good people, and can't wait to be full time Floridians......We are currently down there a few times a year, and will be there next month for about 4 weeks....yippee!! See ya then...

Frank D.