Forums

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
View Single Post

Old 05-19-2018, 01:11 PM
Soaring Parsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
And I also would not use a small firm. But then I do all my own anyway using Vanguard. I figure by the time I start investing in Pez dispensers it won't matter much anyway. And I have trained my better half well to carry on without me.

Aw, ride, I was just going to tell you I might know where I can get you some Longaberger Baskets or some of those teddy bears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I know...right?

I am inundated every week...with those offers.

I personally look with a jaundiced eye, towards those who can afford mass mailings...and taking me out to dinner.

Much less those that have enough...to sponsor polo teams.

I mean cripes, it doesn't take a genius to figure out...how they make enough money to do all that 'advertising.' hdear

PS. What is wrong with 'investing' in Beanie Babies/Pez Dispensers?

Hey! Cold! Maybe I can cut you in on my vintage Coach purses. And they are the real thing -- not Assistant Coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
The only time I ever lost $$ is when I had a managed account with Solomon Smith Barney--needed it when we were boating--the so called advisor cost me $500K-- fired her made it back in 18 months--using someone to manage your $$--IMHO-- is akin to paying someone to roll dice for U on a crap table--they have all the fun and U pay to play with your $$
At our age , it isn't rocket science-- we don't need growth we need income

Read all the financials, subscribe to the Wall Street Journal--U too will make $$
Oh Chat, you tickle me. Only time, huh. Half a mil, huh.

Last edited by Boomer; 05-20-2018 at 07:18 AM.