View Single Post

Old 05-21-2018, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
The link was in regards to the Chris Fox statement about her assault weapons ban. I was referring to:

"Banning guns addresses a fundamental right of Americans to feel safe."

Dianne Feinstein (US Senator, D-CA); quoted by the Associated Press Newswire, 1993-11-18

and there is also:

"The national guard fulfills the the militia mentioned in the Second Amendment. Citizens no longer need to protect the states or themselves."

Dianne Feinstein (US Senator, D-CA)

And I will also add in this quote from Bobby Rush, U.S. Representative from Illinois:

“My staff and I right now are working on a comprehensive gun-control bill. We don’t have all the details, but for instance, regulating the sale and purchase of bullets. Ultimately, I would like to see the manufacture and possession of handguns banned except for military and police use. But that’s the endgame. And in the meantime, there are some specific things that we can do with legislation.” Chicago Tribune, December 5, 1999

By the by, still haven't seen what new gun laws will prevent the school shootings.