View Single Post

Old 05-22-2018, 04:21 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

There are no easy solutions. There are no compromises that will make either side happy. Almost total banning of guns has worked in other nations. Not so sure it would work here. Some things I would like to see are stricter and more thorough background checks, no bump stocks allowed, no military grade “assault” type weapons in the hands of common citizens, no metal-piercing bullets, serious gun training and testing for all who buy weapons. Anyone convicted of a DUI should be banned from owning guns — if you can’t stop yourself from getting behind the wheel of your car while high, you really can’t be trusted to keep nor use a gun safely in my mind.

Parents that allow easy access to weapons should face the exact same charges as their children. You know your kids and, if you don’t, shame on you. Check their social media. Know what games they are playing and restrict access to those games you deem inappropriate. Ditto for movies and television programs.

The idea of metal detectors, armed guards, etc. at schools nauseates me. However, there is no denying it has become a necessity. Our children deserve to be feel safe at school. So, do what it takes to make that happen NOW.

I’m tired of hearing about kids shooting kids because a gun was left laying around. I’m sick of drive by killings. I’m really sick and tired of school shootings. Get the media to quit publicizing names and photos of shooters. The story can be told without that information.

There are things we can and should do today. First and foremost, PROTECT OUR CHILDREN.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein