View Single Post

Old 05-22-2018, 07:38 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
There are no easy solutions. There are no compromises that will make either side happy. Almost total banning of guns has worked in other nations. Not so sure it would work here. Some things I would like to see are stricter and more thorough background checks, no bump stocks allowed, no military grade “assault” type weapons in the hands of common citizens, no metal-piercing bullets, serious gun training and testing for all who buy weapons. Anyone convicted of a DUI should be banned from owning guns — if you can’t stop yourself from getting behind the wheel of your car while high, you really can’t be trusted to keep nor use a gun safely in my mind.

Parents that allow easy access to weapons should face the exact same charges as their children. You know your kids and, if you don’t, shame on you. Check their social media. Know what games they are playing and restrict access to those games you deem inappropriate. Ditto for movies and television programs.

The idea of metal detectors, armed guards, etc. at schools nauseates me. However, there is no denying it has become a necessity. Our children deserve to be feel safe at school. So, do what it takes to make that happen NOW.

I’m tired of hearing about kids shooting kids because a gun was left laying around. I’m sick of drive by killings. I’m really sick and tired of school shootings. Get the media to quit publicizing names and photos of shooters. The story can be told without that information.

There are things we can and should do today. First and foremost, PROTECT OUR CHILDREN.
Having traveled all over the world, I only know of one place where a gun ban works. Singapore. And that is because if you are caught with a gun, or drugs, or committing a violent crime you are tried and executed within a few days. So couple that with a gun ban and maybe I could support it.

Most other places with less harsh punishment, gun bans have failed miserably. And none of that will solve the problem of crazies who want to kill someone. They will use a knife, a bomb, a car, something else.

Also would need to ban lathes, drills, all items to make gun powder, and several other things. Give me a basic machine shop and I can build a gun in less then 4 hours.