View Single Post

Old 05-24-2018, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
At first, I was happy the NFL made it mandatory for all players to stand for the national anthem.

On closer review, they said the players could stay in the locker room if they decided to not stand for the anthem. If the players are on the field and don't stand for the anthem, their respective teams will be fined and not the players themselves.

This seems to me to be a wishy washy policy as they are trying to appease everyone. The general public and the players both.

All players should stand for the anthem. IMHO

Just a weak attempt to protect the owners bottom line as their revenues and viewing audience declined.

For the owners, it's always been and always will be about the money.
2BNTV, "All players should stand for the Anthem". I couldn't agree more. I remember almost going into orbit when this issue started. I am not going to beat a dead horse or horses or point out when someone makes a spelling error, we all do it often.

At least this is progress, it is somewhat of a compromise which the way things are going is the best we can hope for.

I went to a 50's music concert at a Recreation Center several weeks back named Forever Young and before they started the festivities they asked everyone to stand to Salute the Flag. I thought had died and gone to Heaven. People our age who RESPECT our country. The young man a few rows in front of us was missing one leg from his knee down and he stood and Saluted our flag. He was injured in defense of our country. I was blubbering like a baby and had to excuse myself. These are the people I want to be associated with Not these Disrespectful Boneheads. The singing was fantastic and performed by talented Villagers. This whole thing took me by surprise. I loved every minute of it.

I watched a grand total of an hour of NFL football last year until we had a friend ask to come over as he has his television thru an antenna and couldn't get the game. He is from Kennebunkport so guess who he was rooting for. I watched the entire game and remembered how we lived for Sunday to watch Football ALL DAY AND NIGHT. It's all we had. We live in heaven on earth so now watching every game is low on the Totem Pole.

If they can kneel I can say Totem Pole correct?

I hope I can go back to watching once in a while this year. I'm all about principal so if they show them kneeling they lost me again. We are inside the 20 yard line and driving towards the end-zone. Will they cause me to fumble? Time will tell.