View Single Post

Old 05-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The NFL players are entertainers and star athletes. They should be using their positions to better society. And since racism is still a profound problem in our US, they are in a great position to make a difference. And many NFL players are African-American and would have faced this racism first hand.

The US flag represents what Martin Luther King, Jr., fought for as there are promises made by the Founding Fathers to future Americans. The Bill of Rights contains those.
I am happy to see that your view has evolved since the first day this issue was HOT last year.

People are going to feel and believe and speak and act and type whatever they wish about this issue. More power to them.

I wish the Political Forum was open so these subjects could be fully explored without tiptoeing around the Forum Rules.

I remember being taught to STAND AND SALUTE THE FLAG in kindergarten. No one would have dared to take a knee in class then or at a professional sporting event. No Way. The question is what changed and what gives a Professional Athlete the option of deciding which way to go in public? When they are on the clock they are not paid to think about anything except the sport they are paid to entertain us playing in.

Riddle me this???? Why no display's of disrespect (My Opinion) No Link. For Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Field Hockey, The Olympic's etc? Makes you wonder why just Football doesn't it??

I wish one of the Yankees tried this when George Steinbrenner was alive. Think there was a reason he was called "The Boss"?