Thread: Hot
View Single Post

Old 05-29-2018, 03:11 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Here's the thing. The temps and humidity in central Florida are consistently high throughout the late spring to early fall period. However, they are not quite as high as in several other places in the U.S. On numerous occasions. The temps, and humidity may be somewhat higher on a constant basis in TV and environs, but not as high as the extremes in other places such as here in Missouri. It is not unusual for us in the KC area to get a week or two above 100 degrees, while those highs seldom occur in TV. Plus, our humidity is just as high as there. So I believe the fear of unliveable conditions in TV in the summer are highly overstated. I will test my theory in August this summer and I hope to give you a balanced report at that time. Ed
I beg to differ with your stating that the conditions are highly overstated.

We lived in Melbourne FL three times, and trust me, it was totally uninhabitable for six months. It was so unbearable that I had to wait until 5:00 am to walk our dog and to the mail kiosk.

Testing it in August is not enough...test it from April 1st to Nov 1st, and you will see how long you can bear it.