View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 01:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I've been watching the NFL since 1958 when the Baltimore Colts won the first championship game to go into sudden death over-time. I can remember the next day on the school bus, that's all everybody was talking about. The following year in '59 the Colts won it again over the same team, the NY Giants. I have autographs by Johnny Unitas, Raymond Berry, Gino Marchetti, Lenny Lyles and Jim Parker from that team. I have two favorite teams now, the Baltimore Ravens and whoever is playing the Steelers.

Two of my all-time favorite Ravens. Safety Ed Reed intercepting a Colin Kaepernick pass in Super Bowl 47 and #52 linebacker Ray Lewis one of the greatest to ever play the game.

The Villages Florida

One of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time, Baltimore Colts John Unitas #19

The Villages Florida

1998 the Colts, now from Indianapolis, came back to Baltimore to play for the first time against the Ravens. Johnny Unitas hands the game ball over to the Ravens to signify he is now with Baltimore and not the Colts. Does anyone know who the #4 was on the right, hint: he's a quarterback and now a head coach?

The Villages Florida
Your post stirred memories of Johnny U dropping back and Ray Berry running a down and out.

John Harbaugh, right ?

By the way, I am not a Colt fan but a huge Johnny U fan. Football in the playground where you could be anyone you wanted, he was always my choice.

Grew up in W Pa so started with the Steelers, then after college, marriage ended up a die hard Eagle fan during some really bad times. Had season tickets for a number of years (long boring story how I got them). Since we moved here in 1998, I have adopted the Bucs....actually had season tix for them for a few years because when they opened the new stadium seats became available. Of course they were on the 50, BUT way way up high and believe it or not, the sun was the issue....for a Western Pa guy, that was amazing for football tix.

Last edited by Bucco; 05-30-2018 at 01:48 PM.