View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Understandable mistake John, but Bubba Watson is way too skinny to have played in the NFL. Bubba Smith was the original Bubba.
I've been watching too much golf. I use to love those Bubba Smith and Dick Butkus Miller Lite commercials, 'Tennis Anyone'.
Quote:
...then after college, marriage ended up a die hard Eagle fan during some really bad times. Had season tickets for a number of years (long boring story how I got them). Since we moved here in 1998, I have adopted the Bucs....actually had season tix for them for a few years because when they opened the new stadium seats became available. Of course they were on the 50, BUT way way up high and believe it or not, the sun was the issue....for a Western Pa guy, that was amazing for football tix.
I'm sort of a Bucs fan as well. I was living in St. Pete in 1976 when they announced the franchise was coming. However, I moved to Pensacola in '77 and never saw them play, although those first few years weren't very good. Since I'm a big FSU fan, the Bucs drafted Jameis Winston, so now I again pull for the Bucs. Eagles I like a lot, was glad they won the Super Bowl. Also like the Jags, defensive team like the Ravens and I liked Blake Bortles when he played at UCF.

I remember going to preseason games at the old Tampa stadium, they didn't even have endzone seats until '77. I even saw Pele play a soccer game there against the TB Rowdies. In '72 there was talk of the Colts moving to Tampa, it was just Irsay trying to leverage more out of Baltimore at the time.