View Single Post

Old 05-30-2018, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I've been watching too much golf. I use to love those Bubba Smith and Dick Butkus Miller Lite commercials, 'Tennis Anyone'.

I'm sort of a Bucs fan as well. I was living in St. Pete in 1976 when they announced the franchise was coming. However, I moved to Pensacola in '77 and never saw them play, although those first few years weren't very good. Since I'm a big FSU fan, the Bucs drafted Jameis Winston, so now I again pull for the Bucs. Eagles I like a lot, was glad they won the Super Bowl. Also like the Jags, defensive team like the Ravens and I liked Blake Bortles when he played at UCF.

I remember going to preseason games at the old Tampa stadium, they didn't even have endzone seats until '77. I even saw Pele play a soccer game there against the TB Rowdies. In '72 there was talk of the Colts moving to Tampa, it was just Irsay trying to leverage more out of Baltimore at the time.
So much in your post to disagree on but much to agree.

I am not an FSU fan..go gators, but of course hope Jameis gets it together this year. He has been an "almost good QB" and makes too many mistakes, but when he is thinking, has a great arm

Blake Bortles....what to say. Shocked when he was drafted so high, but I became a fan. Despite the criticism, he stays the course but admittedly, he can give you Agita. But they have built some defense in JAX, and he might be just the right guy.