View Single Post

Old 06-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Well since you need Quicken, you need a PC, if you just used Mint then you could everything else on a Chromebook.
I've been using a Chromebook for about 6 years now. And before you poo poo it, I'll let you know that I was a MIS professional.

Window makes you life harder, keep it simple with a Chromebook.

I'll have workshop table set up for the Computer Club at La Hacienda on the 22nd 1pm ($5 yearly membership fee required), but I'll also be at Eisenhower for workshop on July 23rd 1pm (no fee).

Come by and see how the Chromebook really works.
I love my chromebook too. And if I need to provide technical support to someone I steer them towards a chromebook.
I use paint quite a bit. Do you have a good substitute that will work on my chromebook? I like wordpad too. If I cut and paste something with a lot of formatting I like how wordpad strips it away. Do you have a wordpad knockoff i can get to easily.
What I especially like is the price. I bought mine from the scratch and dent department for less then $200 directly from acer. So if I drop it or leave it someplace I'm not out a bunch and you need a password to make it work.

And if you own a monitor, keyboard and mouse you could make it like a desktop too.