View Single Post

Old 06-07-2018, 11:19 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
This isn't very helpful information. We'll be doing the lifestyle visit this year and sinkholes are a big issue for me. Primarily because the biggest sinkhole I have ever personally experienced is a 1-foot depression in my front yard. It's mostly just a minor inconvenience when I'm mowing the lawn.

Insurance is well and good, but doesn't really address the personal health to human beings issue. I would really hate to step out of my back door in the morning for my cup of coffee with my nose in a book or reading the newspaper, only to discover that I'm 3 feet down a broken ankle and arm because the lanai sunk into a sinkhole while I was sleeping last night.

I've read three threads so far about sinkholes and have over a dozen more, in my search for "where the majority of the sinkholes are in the Villages."
I think TomC was trying to help as have others but you’re not hearing what you want to hear. You sound exasperated rather than grateful with posters who are just trying to help you.

From your posts, you seem very nervous about sinkholes. That’s ok. I don’t think a Lifestyle visit will erase your fears. I truly think the best advice for you is to look to retire somewhere other than Central Florida. Why put yourself through all this stress? I hope you find peace with your final decision. Namaste.