View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 10:39 AM
Default Where to buy

OMITTEDThe first question is WHAT TO BUY.

The,"normal stuff," can be bought at the box stores Walmart,
Home Depo etc. ADDED TO MY ORIGINAL #3 POST-I should have mentioned SPARKS, across from Travers plaza. In addition to the,"normal stuff." sold at the box stores they have farm stuff. Per-lite in large quantity, sulpher in 50 lb? bags and some better quality tools than typical of the box stores. Also, ACE-they have people ready willing and able to help you. While my wife is shopping, I always look in the garden section and buy stuff which I use when it is at a good price. Recent stuff I've bought-first week of june 2018)
Black cow 50lb manure Walmart close out 3.50 a bag) Rural King a regular item 50lb bag 16-5-16 lawn and field fertilizer.
It is about 2/3 long release nitrogen (sulpher coated urea)
It is $19 a bag. You are supposed to apply less than 1 pound nitrogen per 1,000 sq foot. I apply LESS THAN THAT so I use far less water than many others do. That 50 lb bag will be three applications on my 5,000 sq foot lawn.

Exotic stuff-you can find anything on the internet for your garden use. BEWARE-the box stores and others will sell stuff that will not survive here. Example, boxes of peony roots-IT IS TOO HOT HERE FOR THEM yet they have them every year and people buy them

Last edited by thetruth; 06-13-2018 at 02:56 PM. Reason: OMITTED