View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 05:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
had great greens up until the last few months. Even after aeration and top dressing there are many areas without grass or grass so thin you almost can't see it. Don't know how they lost them all so quickly, but hope they come back soon. No root system.

Palmetto, Sweetgum and Mangrove had about a 2 month spell in winter where they were better than they ever were. Now...back to bumpy a scarcity of grass and the black fungus with zero root system.
We play Bonita Pass, Tarpon Boil, and Redfish Run alot. About the time the bermuda should have been taking over, the greens were getting thin. After aeration, all three were bad, more than the usual condition you would expect. I even mentioned to my wife that if they aren't careful, they are going to lose them for the 2nd time in three years.
Tarpon Boil is now closed. Redfish Run won't be far behind. Bonita Pass isnt bad at all. Its my understanding Golf Management Services hires the course maintenance, "who hired the staff at GMS" " ??? "Where does the buck stop???
I have defended GMS until now, but on golf thevillages it's claimed that Tarpon is closed due to high water. Truth be told there were big mistakes during overseeding. I think we are being lied to and that really irritates me.