View Single Post

Old 06-13-2018, 05:53 PM
Default A further suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Looks like our HP 6520, printer/scanner just croaked --looking for recommendations

Installed 4 new HP cartridges --still getting no black
You report you put in FOUR new HP cartridges, If, that machine is the same as the one I had it takes FIVE cartrages.
CYAN, MAGENTA, YELLOW PHOTO BLACK AND BLACK. You say you are getting no black. If, I recall you could buy the cartridges individually or as a color kit which had only the four
colors.
Also, the contacts between the cartridges and the machine are rather poor-just a contact to a printed plastic tape. A flake of dust could easily prevent contact. I would try removing the ink cartridges one at a time and gently using compressed air or ear syringe or???? to blow it out.
I seem to recall on my HP if any cartridge is out it will not print. That does not match your post.
Unlike another post, that Samsung lazer black and white
M2070FW. I picked that one because it SCANS, as well as prints and as I said we paid only $149 for it. While mine is hardwired to my computer, it also can be used wireless and it will print from a smart phone. I think the one I bought is now discontinued perhaps why it was so inexpensive. If, I recall Best Buy was offering it at $179. While I was still trying to dfecide what to buy brands etc the price dropped and I placed my order..