View Single Post

Old 06-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
After the rain yesterday, my threesome teed off at Kilimanjaro to Kenya at 1pm. We finished at 5:30, we were behind a foursome that had no clue how to move along. When one lost a ball, all 4 looked, the two carts were always going from one side of the fairway to the other, sometimes even coming back up the fairway. We complained to the marshall while waiting about ten minutes on the 8th hole, he said just what the previous poster said, many of these people didn't start play until they moved here and had never heard the phrase 'let faster players play through'. I know at 'Good Golf School' it was never mentioned. Since we were one hole from the turn, the marshall said he would call the starter at Kenya, well when we got to the 10th hole, the foursome was on the tee hitting. They even had the handicap accommodation parking both of their carts next to the greens.

I carry two of these in my pocket, yesterday with the soft greens I repaired at least 30 pitch marks.

The Villages Florida
While I share your frustration toward those who don't bother to repair their pitchmarks...I don't agree with using the tool you're showing.

The problem with that particular design, is that it encourages a player to insert the prongs and then 'push down' on it to 'lift up' the grass using the red-dot portion as a 'fulcrum'...which can do more damage than doing nothing.

Which is the primary reason we see so many round, old brown pitchmarks...that are barren of grass.

How to repair a pitchmark - St Andrews Links Blog

The Villages Florida

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 06-16-2018 at 03:32 PM.