View Single Post

Old 06-17-2018, 01:33 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPutnam1863 View Post
When we visited some friends in TV, my husband was taken out to their "free" executive golf course to play golf. He was surprised to see that it was only par 3 and was completely unchallenging. The grass was in poor condition. I guess he was spoiled after having played golf in Pebble Beach, CA. But these "free" courses are great for those wanting or needing to practice everyday before attempting the championship courses.
Hmmmm, I play "championship" courses regularly and have played some tour courses but not Pebble. I love to play the executive courses, and usually try to play the level three and four tracks. I find the execs in TV to be mostly well maintained and designed and in some cases quite challenging (tell your hubby to try Pelican). I don't look at them as "practice" for the championship courses, but rather a unique experience on their own. I usually play in ninety minutes or less and enjoy not always having to slog through a five hour round. Everybody has to find their own comfort zone - mine is rather sizeable.