Thread: Glenview
View Single Post

Old 06-18-2018, 12:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Doc, Thaanks for telling it like it is. The Morse family and all others concerned should be ashamed of the product they give us. For years the same excuses, and the same results, mediocre golf courses at best. And I don't want tohear about how cheap they are. Theses champ courses are not cheap. Priority members are getting ripped off.
The thing is that these courses should be money makers for The Villages. They should be much busier in the summertime than they are. I know a lot of residents who, when they want to play regulation courses, go outside The Villages. The courses are less expensive and in better shape.

But real estate developers don't see it that way. They see the big money is in selling houses. I knew a guy in Massachusetts who was a big-time developer. He'd buy a huge property, take the best land for houses and streets then build a golf course on what was left over. I asked him about the golf courses making money and he just said, "I give the golf courses away after I've sold all the houses." The cost of the golf course was built into the cost of the homes. Once they were all sold he gave the courses to the homeowners who had no idea how to run them.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.