View Single Post

Old 06-18-2018, 07:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,296 Times in 2,842 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So here we are, 7:50, after some heavy rain. Egret had been closed all day for maintenance, the pins were laid alongside the green and the tee markers were not set out. Lo and behold, along comes a single playing down 6, skips 7, then plays 8. IF the course was even open, it most likely would be cart path only, but this guy just drives his cart down the middle of the fairway, sloshing along all the way. Didn't bother to fill his divot, drove right up to the green between the putting surface and a bunker, and then skidded down the hill. God only knows how much damage he did to the course, as well as where he got his entitled attitude. Geez.
This does indeed infuriate me. Although it won't happen, in my opinion this person should be banned from playing all Villages golf courses for a year. If the same person is caught doing this again, they should be banned for life.

Oh well, if there is a silver lining to this storm cloud it is that it can't be blamed on snowbirds, although I suspect it would have been had the incident occurred during the busy season.