View Single Post

Old 06-19-2018, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I became very discouraged with the golf course conditions a few years ago, and dropped out of Villages golf. I really think the problem is the maintenance companies the Villages hires. Some are good, others are not. If the Villages really cared, they could set up their own Maintenance teams, buy some equipment and hire someone to oversee. That way they'd have better control over the quality of work, and they'd probably save money too.
I agree. Contracting this work out is the worst possible idea. They've got 40 golf courses here with over 600 holes of golf. They ought to be able to attract the best talent in the world of golf course maintenance to keep them in the best shape possible.

As far as it being a business and people are lining up to play them, I agree that it's a business but I don't know that people are lining up to play them. You can play the regulation courses at almost any time this time of year. There is usually a line of people at 5:00 when you can pay between $5 and $8 dollars. I am not privy to the details, but I have to wonder if they got the courses in better shape and lowered the price would they be more profitable.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.