View Single Post

Old 06-20-2018, 05:53 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Unfortunately the correct answer is the one you don't want to hear. Cast iron seasoned and washed correctly is truly non stick and lasts forever. I have a 14 inch, 12 inch and two 10 inch that I have been using for 40 plus years. The only other non stick I use is a 10 inch copper clad for fried eggs. And that is because the cast iron is just to heavy for me to flip them in the pan. And by only using the copper clad for eggs and using no utensils in it, it to seems to last forever.

Every other kind of clad pan will get almost invisible scratches in the finish and then stuff will stick. If you are very careful, only use wooden utensils, cool before washing, they will last a long time, but eventually the minor invisible scratches happen and then they will not work.

Cast iron I can use any type utensil, drop it, finish all cooking in the oven, plunge it in cold water when it is scalding hot, it is pretty much indestructible. And there is no other pan that I can put on a burner on high heat, leave it for 10 minutes, drop a seasoned steak or delicate scallops into it and get a perfect sear every time. Then finish it in the oven.

If you learn how to care for and cook with cast iron you will never need anything else.