View Single Post

Old 06-20-2018, 07:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

very topical thread here. We have salmon for dinner about 3x weekly. We both love it and consider it one of the healthiest (and yummiest) meals.

Typically get a pound piece-as thick as possible at either Aldis or Walmart neigh market- fresh,with skin on...and farm raised, normally from Chile.

I prepare the salmon by slicing into 4-5 oz pieces, so 2 dinners for 2 per lb (normally 7.99lb) Dry off each with paper towel, then a drop of olive oil on the non-skin side. A bit of salt on my piece then Mrs Dash and a spinkle of basil.

Have always used a teflon-type pan, but 8mos ago bought a white ceramic pan as the teflon ones seemed to last less than a year before...sticking and very tough to clean.

The ceramic pan started to behave like the old teflon, food sticking etc. OUR MAIN PROBLEM is ELECTRIC COOK TOP (South of 466a). I like to sear the fish or veggies for stir-fry a bit and heat is med-hi. The elec seems to focus hot spot in the center of the pan causing a very hot spot there. So just last week shopped for a new pan - got, at WM, T-fal 12" 'Pro-glide Heat Mastery' Seems to be a thicker pan all around, and hopefully will distribute heat better. Time will tell.

Would love to cook with gas-or propane, and use cast iron, but...no-go.