View Single Post

Old 06-20-2018, 04:12 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Swim View Post
I became very discouraged with the golf course conditions a few years ago, and dropped out of Villages golf. I really think the problem is the maintenance companies the Villages hires. Some are good, others are not. If the Villages really cared, they could set up their own Maintenance teams, buy some equipment and hire someone to oversee. That way they'd have better control over the quality of work, and they'd probably save money too.
In my opinion the problem originates with improper course construction. For example the FACT is that replacement of the Greens on Lopez/Ashley happening now. FACT is these greens were supposed to originally be constructed to USGA specifications but the construction never came close, so here they are with an expensive re-construction as opposed to a no-till process that could have been accomplished if the greens were built properly the first time. This begs the question how many other construction shortcuts were made over the years. Hard to grow grass on an improperly prepared under-surface