Thread: Hole in One
View Single Post

Old 06-27-2018, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Two weeks ago one of the fellows I was playing with had a hole-in-one at Mallory. He had never had one before, he's shoots about 90 from the white tees and is 60 years old, a retired Navy Pilot. He went in the clubhouse to report it, and they asked if he wanted a plaque. A regular plaque with the info was $90, and one that had a hole to put the ball and a photo of the actual hole displayed was $105 I believe was the prices, and then $10 handling. He took the more expensive one.

I was playing Belle Glade last year and a new resident of TV from Texas who was 72 years old was playing with us. Not only did he shoot his age, but on Tequesta #6 my neighbor put his ball one foot from the cup, then this fellow gets up and knocks it in the hole. On Thursday I looked in the paper and he had his name for the hole-in-one and for shooting his age. I don't remember his name, but he had a purple golf cart, he was a big Dallas Cowboys fan, on the small side in height with gray hair. It was a pleasant surprise to play with someone you just met and they turn out to be good.