Thread: Belmont course
View Single Post

Old 06-27-2018, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I played Pimlico and Churchill yesterday and the greens on both were horrendous. I played Chula Vista and Hilltop today. The greens on Chula Vista were horrible. The greens on Hilltop were just aerified and top dressed. Hilltop and Silver Lake usually have the best greens in The Villages.

I've played several regulation golf courses recently and to my surprise the greens on Belle Glade, Hacienda, Palmer and Glenview are all terrible.

I was talking to one of the course assistant managers and he told me that the budget for his regulation golf course is $52,000. That is the problem right there.

I worked at some very nice 18 hole private clubs in the 80s and their greens budgets were around $1,000,000. $52,000 is absurd. They must put nothing into these golf courses. No wonder there is so much turnover of management personnel.
Played Belle Glade today and foursome all commented on the very good condition of fairways and Greens.