View Single Post

Old 06-29-2018, 08:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
#1 & 2, I was only relaying what I was told by an assistant manager at one of the regulation courses.

#3, Water shouldn't be a problem this time of year. It rains almost every day and most of the courses I've played have areas that are too wet for golf carts to pass.

#4, It is highly unusual to see an ambassador speak to anyone about slow play. I was told by an ambassador that I know that they are told not to disturb people if it can be avoided. When a group has two holes open in front of them and there are two groups waiting on a tee, something should be said. When I complained to an ambassador that a guy in front of us was teaching his wife on every tee, he shrugged and did nothing. The woman was hitting two or three shots from every tee while her husband stood and corrected her.

#5, No, I did not see the manager. It was an executive course and it has happened twice to me now.

#6, I'm sure that they are reasonably good at sometimes. I've seen some of them in decent conditions. Is 1,000,000 rounds a lot for the number of holes that we have. Most of those rounds are done in the winter season when the population swells by 50%. How many more rounds could they be doing if the courses were in better shape or the prices were commensurate with the quality of the courses. The courses are almost empty in the summer. Have they ever thought to lower the prices to fill up the courses in the summer? I realize that the prices are lowered but how about taking them down to where the courses are full? And if they're doing that many rounds they should have a lot of income.

#7, Yes, they are public courses. I never said that they were private courses. But they are marketed as high-end public courses. They are more like low-end municipal courses. If they're not going to maintain them properly, they shouldn't be charging for better quality courses.

#8, The bunkers I complained about did not have footprints. They were uneven and had low spots due to rain and other factors. Courses that I worked at had someone with a sandhog go through the bunker every morning.

There is nothing unfounded about anything I said except that I might have been lied to by an assistant manager. $52,000 is a ridiculous amount of money. A crappy nine-hole course couldn't be maintained for that. He might have confused the golf course maintenance budget with the golf shop budget or the starter/ranger budget.
This is a (novice) golf community... I post conditions of the villages courses on social media as often as i can. Yes i can move and probably will. I would rather have one 18 or one 27 hole course then 11 sub par courses. Yes the door will hit me in the . Enjoy you line dancing