View Single Post

Old 06-29-2018, 08:56 AM
Gold member

I did have a face to face meeting with Mr.Basso ,Rick Craig and one other getleman to discuss our displeasure with the conditions of the championship golf course. We talked about the bunkers and how bad they were. They agreed saying the wrong(cheap) sand was put in them and said that the sand at Havana would be replaced. They also stated that there were toomany bukers and some would be taken out. Tierra Del Sol is being totally redone with a new type of grass that should help. Yes, they just did Tierra a whlie ago but they screwed it up so here we go again. All of the champ golf courses will be redone with the newer grasses eventually. Fromthe timeline I have heard we unfortunately will all be dead before this happens. Usage of manpower was also talked about. How many of you have seen 4 guys raking a bunker that gets no play. Some of these I never knew were on the course! The people in charge know the golf courses could be in better shape, they admitted it. Many other issues were discussed at this meeting but my post is long already. I must say that after the meeting, I am not convinced that for me at least these courses will be any better. They will just keep nickle and diming us to death and we will pay and keep playing and complaining.